Monday, March 14, 2011

Daylight Savings


Really, we still do daylight savings time? I hate daylight savings time. Here's a really simplified and short historical lesson. Daylight Savings time was created back in the day, when everyone was a farmer. Seriously, at one point in American history, 99.9 percent of people farmed. The other point one percent killed Indians. Anyways, it helped our agricultural folk to gain an hour of sunlight in summertime time, and naturally you had to take it back later.

NO ONE FU*KING FARMS ANYMORE.

Seriously, robots do it, I think.

I love when we gain the hour, everyone is stoked as hell. All day long, everyone tries to be the first to tell you, like they're the ones who decided to give everyone an extra hour of sleep.

“Hey Mike.”
“DONTFORGETTOSETYOURCLOCKSBACKWEGETANEXTRAHOURTONGIHT!”
“Uh, yeah, I saw that. Thanks.”

But compare that to the day we set em forward before we go to bed. It's like everyone's dog died or something. Everyone walks around with their heads bowed, on the verge of tears. No one wants to be the one to tell anyone else.

When I heard on Saturday that we we're losing an hour, I saw red. I seriously got pissed. I almost punched a co workers face off when she told me. I could have torn a city block down with my bare hands. I'm still mad about it. I want to go onto my roof and shout at the moon. And then I want to punch the moon's face off.

No comments:

Post a Comment